TRIUP, INC. is looking for 1-2 event staff who can assist at an upcoming trade show in February.
◆ Event: Ingredient Marketplace 2016 (http://marketplace.supplysideshow.com/ )
◆ Location: Orlando World Center Marriot
◆ Date: 4/27(Wed) – 4/29 (Fri)
◆ Language: English Native Level (No Japanese Necessary)
◆ Qualification: Any prior tradeshow experience, customer service, sales and marketing experience
◆ Hourly Rate: $15-20/Hour + Parking (This can be negotiable)
If you are interested, please contact to Tomoko Kawasaki of TRIUP, INC. (www.triupinc.com)
Disclaimer: Florida JETAA does not vet or endorse any job offers.
Job openings at the Morikami Museum and Gardens in Delray Beach, Florida.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is a full-time professional position responsible for conceptualizing and executing the museum’s digital marketing strategy. The desired candidate is a talented content creator with a deep passion for analytics, social media community development, a strong grasp on high-quality design principles and an appreciation for art and culture. In addition, this position provides an essential support role with annual festivals & provides insight for long-term marketing goals & objectives. This position reports to and receives direction from the Director of Marketing & Events.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Email campaigns
- Works cross-functionally with other museum departments to gather and create content
- Designs e-blast templates and graphics
- Builds and updates email lists
- Website maintenance & development
- Maintains the integrity and usability of Morikami’s responsive design website
- Manages the calendar, online forms, e-commerce reporting, media library, product pages, etc.
- Updates/creates website pages as needed
- Manages the registered website user database and ongoing website development projects
- Social Media
- Updates social media content calendar and contributes to digital strategy planning
- Plans/researches/writes engaging content for social media and blog
- Monitors and joins conversations on social media platforms and peer review sites
- Monitors, tracks and analyzes statistics for email campaigns, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, youTube and blog.
- Tracks website traffic and user behavior though Google Analytics
- Creates and executes post-event surveys and tracks responses
- Designs various museum collaterals, signage and graphics on an as-needed basis
- Provides essential support in the planning and execution of Morikami festivals and Sushi & Stroll series of events.
- Assists in budget management
Skills & Abilities
- B.A. or B.S. in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong writer and communicator
- Proficient use of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, Website Maintenance and Microsoft Office, required
- Experience with Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and MailChimp preferred
- Experience working in a museum, with a membership organization or not-for-profit a plus
- Must be organized and work efficiently with a personal commitment to maintain a collaborative work environment
- Ability to prioritize, track and meet deadlines, use good judgment, remain flexible and work under minimal supervision
- Must be proactive, reliable and possess excellent interpersonal skills
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Kizzy Sanchez Sherven, Director of Marketing & Events at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Opportunities at the Cornell Cafe
- Wait Staff: Responsibilities include taking customer orders, bringing drinks and food, ensuring satisfaction, clearing tables, as well as side work before, during, and after shift. Fast paced environment. Experience preferred. Shift days available: Tuesday through Sunday, excluding holidays. Shift hours: 10:30 a.m. until approximately 4:00 p.m.
- Host/Hostess: Responsibilities include seating customers, ensuring enough seats and/or high chairs, maintaining waiting list, cleaning menus, cleaning tables. Shift days available: Tuesday through Sunday, excluding holidays. Shift hours: 11:00 a.m. until approximately 3:30 p.m.
- Kitchen Prep Staff: Responsibilities are basic kitchen duties, cleaning and cutting vegetables, prepping and slicing meats and fish, prepping food items. Shift days available: Tuesday through Sunday, excluding holidays. Shift hours: 10:00 a.m. until approximately 4:00 p.m.
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com.
More info on their website: http://morikami.org/about-the-institution/#tabs-about-us-tab-2
The Morikami Museum and Gardens in Delray Beach is looking for a Part-time Youth & Outreach Program Coordinator (20 hours).
The Youth and Outreach Program Coordinator will be responsible for the creation and implementation of educational programming for children (K-12) activities and outreach programs. This includes children’s activities at our annual festivals, special events, and Summer Tour Plus program. Must be able to work evenings and weekend events.
Position Reports to: Curator of Education
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and implement museum educational programs for children and families.
- Develop, implement, and manage outreach programs.
- Develop, create, and coordinate children’s (K-12) activities at our annual festivals, including the supervision of festival volunteers and managing setup and cleanup
- Work in conjunction with staff to develop, implement and oversee the Summer Tour Plus (STP) program activities.
- Supervise daily operations of STP, which also includes training and scheduling of interns and high school volunteers for the STP program.
- Assist staff in developing and implementing school programs and teacher development workshops
- Work in conjunction with staff to develop educational teaching materials and tour program contents
- Other duties as specified
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, art, Japanese studies or related field
- Knowledge of Japanese language and culture
- Experience in teaching and working with children (K-12)
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with staff, volunteers and the public
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Personal transportation required for outreach programs
- Strong organizational and computer skillsExperience working in a museum or cultural institution a plus
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: September 30, 2014
No phone calls, no walk ins.
Job Posting for Position in the Political/Economic Affairs Section
1. Background on the Consulate-General of Japan in Detroit:
In 1993, as a result of the growing number of Japanese residents and businesses in Michigan and Ohio, the Consulate-General of Japan in Detroit was established. Consulate surveys indicate that there is now a combined total of 900 Japanese owned facilities in Michigan and Ohio. The current two-state population of Japanese nationals exceeds 18,000.
Important consulate missions include: providing support and service to local Japanese nationals, promoting trade and business development between Japan and the U.S., and strengthening U.S.-Japan relations and mutual understanding through various local economic, educational and cultural activities and exchanges.
2. Available Position (Full-time):
- Research Analyst in the Political/Economic Affairs Section
3. Main Responsibilities:
- Assistance in consulate efforts to strengthen U.S-Japan trade and investment within the states of Ohio and Michigan; duties include:
- gathering, organizing and analyzing information on relevant economic and political issues in the states;
- administering the consulate’s annual Japanese Direct Investment Survey.
- drafting speeches and official correspondence for the Consul General and Deputy Consul General.
- Four-year university degree;
- Ability to research, analyze and communicate political and economic topics;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Access; Photoshop and mapping software experience preferred;
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Required materials for application:
- Resume, cover letter, and list of references.
6. Application procedures:
- Electronic submission of the above-mentioned materials to: email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of receipt; select applicants will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.