The Morikami Museum and Gardens in Delray Beach is looking for a Part-time Youth & Outreach Program Coordinator (20 hours).
The Youth and Outreach Program Coordinator will be responsible for the creation and implementation of educational programming for children (K-12) activities and outreach programs. This includes children’s activities at our annual festivals, special events, and Summer Tour Plus program. Must be able to work evenings and weekend events.
Position Reports to: Curator of Education
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and implement museum educational programs for children and families.
- Develop, implement, and manage outreach programs.
- Develop, create, and coordinate children’s (K-12) activities at our annual festivals, including the supervision of festival volunteers and managing setup and cleanup
- Work in conjunction with staff to develop, implement and oversee the Summer Tour Plus (STP) program activities.
- Supervise daily operations of STP, which also includes training and scheduling of interns and high school volunteers for the STP program.
- Assist staff in developing and implementing school programs and teacher development workshops
- Work in conjunction with staff to develop educational teaching materials and tour program contents
- Other duties as specified
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, art, Japanese studies or related field
- Knowledge of Japanese language and culture
- Experience in teaching and working with children (K-12)
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with staff, volunteers and the public
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Personal transportation required for outreach programs
- Strong organizational and computer skillsExperience working in a museum or cultural institution a plus
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: September 30, 2014
No phone calls, no walk ins.