This is one of the largest Japan festivals in Florida. This is the 18th annual.
Admission is FREE!
When: Sun. 11/4, 11am-5pm
Where: Kissimmee Lakefront Park – 69 Lakeshore Blvd. Kissimmee, FL 34741
On stage performances:
- Taiko drumming
Also featuring special guest performer Mr. Yasunori Kimatawe, who is a live Shodo artist. Shodo (or Shuji) is a Japanese form of calligraphy. Mr. Kimata will paint live, using various brush strokes and movements.
Join the festival for the authentic Japanese food, performances, and experience Japan right in Orlando!
For more information, please visit the Japan Association of Orlando website.
Florida JETAA will have a presence at the Orlando Japan Festival by manning a booth. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Share information and your own personal experience about the JET Program with youth and parents at the festival
- Make new connections in the Japanese community of Central Florida
- Reconnect with other JET alumni
- Enjoy the festival!
Assistance that will be needed:
- Tent setup at 10 am
- Tent breakdown at 5 pm
- Encourage visitors to participate in our games and photo booth for donations
- Collect donations for Florida JETAA and other causes
These shifts are available. (Feel free to stick around as long as you’d like. )
- 10 am – noon (set up and beginning of festival)
- noon – 2 pm
- 2 pm – 4 pm
- 4 pm – 6 pm (end of festival and breakdown)