Political Section Administrative Assistant,
Embassy of Japan in Washington DC
The Embassy of Japan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. This individual is primarily responsible for managing the schedules and activities of diplomats in the Political Section. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with lunch time receptionist duty once a month and the occasional weeknight and/or weekend event (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Manage the schedules and daily activities of diplomats in the Political Section
- Make appointments, develop itineraries, coordinate transportation for diplomats and guests, answer phone calls and other administrative duties
- Maintain and update a contact list database
- Help organize receptions, cultural events, meetings, and seminars
- Other responsibilities as needed and appropriate
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluent in English, basic Japanese language skills a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
How to apply:
E-mail your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31st
*Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.