I am writing to inform you that we are looking for an intern for the summer (June to Mid-August 2015) in our Education Department. This is an unpaid internship but will be counted as school credit (depending on approval of their school or college advisor).
Their duties will include:
– Assisting the Youth & Outreach Program Coordinator in coordinating, developing and preparing activities for our Summer Tour Plus (STP) Program.
– Monitoring the high school volunteers in the STP Program creating a positive learning environment for the summer campers.
– Organize and direct the Hands-on-Art activity with expertise and flexibility.
– Work with museum docents to provide an educational and enjoyable Japanese cultural experience for all participants.
– Assist the Education Department with other tasks when needed.
Someone with knowledge of Japanese culture is required. Please keep in mind that the Morikami is located in Delray Beach, FL. Those living in Miami-Dade and Broward who apply must be willing to commit to the internship and the expense from commuting to our museum. We unfortunately cannot reimburse them for their commuting expenses. The days of the internship are flexible and negotiable to fit the intern’s schedule. We would like to have the intern Tuesday through Friday, mostly in the mornings and an occasional afternoon.
We believe this is a great opportunity to have hands-on experience teaching, develop management and leadership skills, learn teamwork, and use their knowledge about Japanese culture. The intern will also have an opportunity to gain experience working with a cultural and non-profit organization.
The deadline for submitting their resume will be on Monday, April 20th 2015.