Executive Assistant to the Consul General
The Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta is seeking a well qualified individual to provide assistance to the Consul General.
The Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta is a diplomatic mission that works to further relations between Japan and the Southeast (Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia). The Consul General acts as the ranking Japanese diplomat in the region.
General duties include:
- Managing the Consul General’s schedule and correspondences
- Helping maintain the office database by updating contacts’ information via MS Access
- Keeping in regular contact with VIPs in each of the district states
- Keeping track of social events in Atlanta. This includes having knowledge of the city’s cultural events, popular restaurants (Japanese or otherwise), networking functions, etc.
- Assisting the Consul General in any other possible way to help facilitate his or her ability to best represent Japan
- Native English speaker with exemplarily written and verbal skills, professional demeanor, and discretionary skills
- Experience working with high level executives
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (including MS Access)
- Working knowledge of Atlanta social events, important cultural locations, and local VIPs
- Ability to work in cross-cultural environment with different customs and protocol
- Knowledge of Japanese language and culture
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
See original job description here: http://www.atlanta.us.emb-japan.go.jp/Exec_Assist_Position.html